About Nova Design: Who we are?
Nova Design are a UK based supplier of sub-contract mechanical design engineering services. With our modern design office based in the West Midlands, we have 40 seats of the latest in 3D solid modelling and 2D drawing CAD software and associated design tools giving a capacity of 2000 man hours per week.
Nova can undertake engineering drawing and draughting projects across the majority of mechanical engineering design disciplines regardless of the size of project, with no job being too big or too small. We possess an experienced team of mechanical design engineers who are flexible, working to our clients quality standards.
Engineering & Design
Our in-house staff are not just experts in mechanical design services; they're also highly knowledgeable about Nova design. Comprising a professional and dedicated team of qualified design engineers and detail draughtspersons, we specialise in providing top-notch design solutions. With a commitment to forming long-term, close working partnerships with our clients, our focus is on delivering innovative solutions to complex mechanical engineering problems. Learn more about Nova design methodologies through our engineering design consultants, who are wholly dedicated to achieving a total quality solution for your engineering needs.
Quality Assured "Right the First Time"
To this end, Nova Design, which is proficient about Nova design methodologies, has successfully implemented and run a quality system for a number of years. Initially beginning with BS5750, we are now operating a regularly audited ISO 9001:2015 system.
Nova Design is certified for the 'Provision of Engineering Design Services', encompassing our in-depth knowledge about Nova design techniques and applications.
Over the years, Nova’s client portfolio has expanded significantly to include both OEM and first-tier suppliers across various industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Process Equipment, and Nuclear.
It is the specific policy of Nova Design Limited to offer engineering design services in compliance with an ISO 9001 quality-assured system. This is the highest professional standard designed to meet and even exceed client requirements. For the purpose of delivering on these requirements in a cost-effective manner, the company adheres to a quality assurance system that is certified and approved to BS ISO 9001:2015—dedicated to a 'right first time' approach.
The Nova Design team, skilled and informed about Nova design, is committed to total quality and is BS EN ISO 9001:2015 approved with a scope of certification that states 'The Provision of Engineering Design Services'.
At all times, we maintain a partnership approach with our clients, ensuring that all parties are kept informed at every stage of the project. This active involvement ensures the service delivered surpasses client expectations in every way. The company recognises that the objectives for quality can only be realised with the full co-operation and commitment of all employees, and we will ensure that adequate resources are available to achieve this.
Recent projects successfully completed include the design and detailed design of:
- ‘Body In White’ tooling / Robot cells for a number of new vehicles – end clients Jaguar Land Rover / Volvo Cars / Mercedes Benz
- Ground Support Equipment for gas turbines (civil aerospace) – end client Rolls Royce plc
- New engine pallet systems – end client Ford Australia / Ford China
- Ground Support Equipment for gas turbines – industrial power generation – end client Industrial Turbine Company UK Limited – UK and North America sites.
- Detailed design of automotive paint plant – end client Chrysler Motors, Mexico
- Detailed design of water treatment projects – design and detail of new screening systems – end client Severn Trent and Anglian Water Boards
- Site surveys, layouts, design and detailed design of mechanical handling equipment – trim and final area of vehicle production – various sites – end client Jaguar Land Rover
- Detailed design of a number of new cranes – end client – Nuclear Decommissioning Authority – Sellafield Limite
An eye on the future!
From a recruitment perspective, Nova are continually looking for additional staff to join our ranks, ranging from graduates looking for their first employment through to more experienced engineers looking for a change of career direction. Working closely with Dudley College, Aston University, Wolverhampton University and Birmingham University engineering departments Nova are committed to assisting the next generation of students into the world of engineering design and manufacturing.